The Year of Video Content Marketing
Whether B2B or B2C, video content marketing is a proven method to engage your clients and deliver quality content. According to VidYard and Demand Metric, video has become the most engaging form of communications for marketing purposes and is an increasingly important piece of the online B2B marketing mix.
Mobile + 1 Minute Video = 1.8 Million Words
That’s the value of one minute of video, according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research.
What You Need to Know About Video’s Trajectory
- Marketers using video are growing revenue 49% faster than those who aren’t. (Vidyard)
- 74 percent of B2B marketers say video content converts better than any other medium.
- 75 percent of users visit a business’s website after viewing a video.
- By 2017 video will comprise 69 percent of all consumer online traffic, according to Cisco.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. YouTube processes more than 3 billion searches each month, surpassing Bing, Yahoo, Ask and AOL Search combined
- Approximately 33 percent of all online activity is spent watching video content.
- 80 percent of online visitors will watch a video in its entirety, while only 20 percent will read content all the way through (Digital Sherpa.)
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
- 33 percent of tablet owners watch at least one hour of video on their device each day. (Invodo)
Business video marketing should tell a story, solve a problem, answer a question, educate and/or entertain to be actionable.
Entertain, Storytelling, Branding | Volvo Trucks
Remember Volvo’s Epic Split video featuring Jean-Claude Van Damm? Volvo creates another winner with their latest “Look Who’s Driving” video. With close to 11 million views since being published in December 2015, this is truly a home run in video marketing.
Industry Education | Moz Whiteboard Friday
Rand Fishkin and company are the pre-eminent SEO experts in the world. Moz began as an SEO consulting company, evolving to launch SEOMoz, the industry’s most popular provider of search engine and social optimization software. The company’s Moz Whiteboard Friday YouTube series is in essence an online university for all things SEO taught by exceptional experts in the field.
Cause Marketing | Always
53+ million views and 5th place winner in the 2015 YouTube Ads Leaderboard, filmmaker, documentarian and director Lauren Greenfield produced the powerful “Like a Girl” YouTube video. The video raises awareness about the confidence crisis among girls and the negative impact of stereotypes.
Entertainment, Educational, Emotional Hook | Puppyhood by Purina
10+ million viewers shared this video, and 8,000+ commented on it. A mini dramedy, Purina captured the hearts and minds of animal lovers with this story of man and his puppy. The video is the hook to the Puppyhood website. The site asks users to register, and in return has access to a “puppy training portal.” The content educates puppy owners about nutrition, exercise, grooming, etc., and offers coupons on products. Purina proves that if you create content that entertains and resonates with the audience, they will engage more deeply with your brand.
Storytelling, Awareness | GoPro
The most successful video content marketing doesn’t overtly sell a product. Videos loved by millions tell a great story. GoPro is a master of storytelling with this video – shot entirely with a GoPro camera – about the danger and beauty of Kevin Richardson’s passions for lions and their future. Over 7 million views.
Celebrity Marketing, Emotional Hook | Under Armour
Under Amour scored big with their “Rule Yourself” video marketing campaign featuring prima ballerina Misty Copeland, among others. Not only visually appealing, these videos convey an effective branding message of strength, motivation and perseverance. The company also extended their campaign via hashtags#RuleYourself and #IWILL. Over 2 million views.
Video Marketing Tactics
Whether B2B or B2C, video marketing has become a requirement in successful digital marketing practices. Contact us to learn how to create video content that is educational, informative, entertaining and makes your business stand out.